Rooney Escapes Police Arrest For Breaking Lockdown Rules

By Daily Sports on April 8, 2020

Former England ace Wayne Rooney has reportedly been told off by police after he was spotted walking with Manchester City defender and neighbour Kyle Walker in the middle of Britain’s coronavirus lockdown.

The Cheshire neighbours were both walking along Prestbury golf course with their families – flouting rules to only go outside with your own households.

News of the swoop comes a day after Walker, 29, came under fire for holding a £2,000 sex party while telling followers to stay home and protect the NHS.

Speaking on Good Morning Britain today, Piers Morgan warned players who ignore social distancing rules ‘bring a stain on the whole industry of football’.

A source told The Sun: ‘Their kids go to the same school and spotted each other and understandably ran over. “The families stopped to talk when all of a sudden the police swooped on them.

“It was all totally innocent and not deliberate.’ Manchester City and England defender Walker apologised over the weekend for inviting two escorts to his home while he had a friend round his flat.

One of the escorts, Louise McNamara, 21, told The Sun: ‘Kyle really should know better.“On the one hand he’s inviting strangers round to his house for sex and the next day he’s lecturing everyone on the need to stay safe.’

Walker, who has 48 England caps, has apologised for the incident.He said: ‘I want to take this opportunity to issue a public apology for the choices I made last week. (Daily Mail)

•PHOTO: Wayne Rooney 

 

Source Daily Sports

Posted April 8, 2020


 

You may also like...
Delight, sadness over Messi’s international retirement

Africans Disagree As Mendy Loses ‘Best Goalkeeper’ Award...

AC Milan Name Giampaolo as New Coach

Table tennis: Saudi move excites Quadri

Hodgson: Palace Talisman Zaha Is Not For Sale...

New NPFL season to end May 2026

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,312 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,480 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,469 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,068 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,050 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,048 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,862 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,413 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,522 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,127 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,562 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,985 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media