By Obaseki Anthony on March 25, 2020
Nasarawa State Ministry of Youth and Sports Development has shut down the camps of its athletes and coaches who had been training ahead of the 20th National Sports Festival earlier scheduled for March 20 to April 1, 2020 in Edo State.
The shutdown, with immediate effect, is in compliance with the directive by the Federal Government to suspend the 20th National Sports Festival and other high-risk public gatherings as precautionary measures against the outbreak of the deadly Coronavirus which has claimed thousands of lives and crippled economies around the world.
The decision to suspend the training camp of Team Nasarawa was taken by the Management of the Ministry after the Commissioner, Hon. Othman Bala Adam, led his Management team on a routine visit to the athletes and coaches at their various camp locations within the state capital, Lafia.
A statement issued by the ministry said: “We wish to request that you exercise restraint during this period of the pandemic by taking precautionary measures to avoid being affected by the virus, while it is our earnest prayer that doctors and nurses who are at the front lines of this war, put an end to the disease.
“On your own, you may engage in isolated training programmes to keep fit while we await a further announcement from the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development and the Nigerian Government on the new date for the Sports Festival.
“We wish to thank both the Athletes and Coaches for your understanding, and we apologise for the inconveniences caused as a result of this development.”
•PHOTO: Nasarawa State Commissioner for Youth and Sports Development, Hon. Othman Bala Adam
Source Daily Sports
Posted March 25, 2020
You may also like...
Man Utd Dent Man City’s Title Hopes With...
Iheanacho strikes down Mourinho’s men in Manchester derby,...
Mourinho expects United revival at Watford
Dillian Whyte says Tyson Fury must 'shut up'...
Super Eagles Coach: Krstajic On The Radar As...
Nagelsmann Emerging As Favourite For Spurs Job

No Kangaroo Committee Can Save Gusau, his NFF Jesters - Give Us Emenalo
Falcons to get new coach before Olympic qualifier
Okocha bemoans Eagles’ lack of home ground
Ajayi set for Silesia Diamond League showdown
Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move
Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60
Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31
WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,394 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,283 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,885 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,761 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,637 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,535 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,046 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,724 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,587 views)