By Daily Sports on January 4, 2020
Ghana’s Football Association (GFA) has sacked the coaches of all their men’s and women’s national teams, the country’s governing body has said.
The GFA did not give a reason for the move but its president Kurt Okraku, who was appointed in October, promised to “build a new association” following allegations of bribery and corruption in a documentary filmed by an investigative journalist.
It brings to an end Kwesi Appiah’s second reign as the national team coach. He was appointed a second time in 2017 following a two-year stint between 2012-2014.
Under Appiah, Ghana failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup after playing in the three previous editions and were eliminated in the second round of the Africa Cup of Nations last year – their earliest exit since 2006.
“The Ghana Football Association has dissolved the technical teams of all national teams with immediate effect. The decision affects both male and female national teams,” it said in a statement released on Thursday.
“The GFA extends its appreciation to all coaches and members of the respective national teams for their contributions to our teams and Ghana football. We wish them all the best in their endeavours.”
The country decided to dissolve its national football association in 2018 after a recording in the documentary appeared to show officials, including the body’s then president Kwesi Nyantakyi, taking kickbacks. Nyantakyi, also a former member of FIFA’s General Council, was later banned for life by FIFA. (ESPN)
•PHOTO: Ghanaian Football Team
Source Daily Sports
Posted January 4, 2020
You may also like...
Arteta Wants Draxler In Exchange For PSG Target...
Neymar to miss Copa America
Atletico Sign Kondogbia As Partey Replacement
Osimhen On Target For Napoli Against Bologna
Jeff Horn targets Amir Khan fight
Dortmund Rule Out Haaland Summer Sale

Edo Queens get home support ahead CAF qualifiers
Nigerian Triathlon Union fixes Sept 30 for election
Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces
Ronaldo hits 977 career goals as Al Nassr thrash Al Riyadh 4-0
Racist abuse spurred Suzuki as Japan goalkeeper set for Premier League
Fury calls Joshua coward, casts doubts on super-fight
My basketball dream ended after visa denial — Ex-BBNaija star Hermes
Olayinka ready for Saudi journey
Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG
EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,039 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,400 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,288 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,891 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,767 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,643 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,540 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,054 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,257 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,728 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,216 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,598 views)