By Daily Sports on November 10, 2019
Rafael Nadal is “confident” of being fit to play – and battle Novak Djokovic for the number one ranking – when the ATP Finals start on Sunday.
Nadal, 33, pulled out of the Paris Masters last week with a stomach injury but has travelled to London.
The Spaniard overtook Djokovic at the top of the rankings this week but could lose his position as year-end number one to the Serb at the O2 Arena.
Nadal is confident of playing a “good level” in his first match on Monday.
“If we were thinking we would not be able to play, we would probably not be here,” he told BBC Sport.
Nadal, who has never won the season-ending championships, meets defending champion Alexander Zverev on Monday but said he only started serving “very slowly” on Thursday following the injury.
“I am confident that I can be very competitive – but of course it’s a tournament in which you will face the top guys from the beginning, so you need to be 100% ready,” the 19-time Grand Slam champion said.
“But I really hope I will be able to serve every single day a little better and my hope is to be serving normally on Sunday.”
Nadal did not play in last year’s ATP Finals because of injury and pulled out of the 2017 event with a knee problem after one match. (BBC)
•PHOTO: Rafael Nadal and other tennis players
Source Daily Sports
Posted November 10, 2019
You may also like...
Federal Government registers displeasure over denial of Visa...
Mbappe: I’m Happy At PSG
Man Utd ’Keeper De Gea Being Offered Across...
Ferrari Driver Leclerc Tests Positive For Covid-19
Barcelona Cleared Of Fraud In Neymar Purchase
Zeuge illness stalls rematch against Isaac Ekpo

Olayinka ready for Saudi journey
Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG
EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain
Onuachu, Ndidi, Yohanna lead 12 Nigerians into Europa, Conference League playoffs
Lagos revives monthly cadet table tennis tourney
Fizdale names D’Tigers roster for World Cup qualifiers
Hearn threatens to sue White over Joshua, Fury fight
UK ex-Commonwealth champion Baptiste found jailed in Morocco
Why elite athletes use supplements — Report
No Kangaroo Committee Can Save Gusau, his NFF Jesters - Give Us Emenalo
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,039 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,400 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,288 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,891 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,767 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,643 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,540 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,053 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,255 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,728 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,215 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,597 views)