By Daily Sports on October 19, 2019
Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne and John Stones could be in contention for Saturday’s Premier League trip to Crystal Palace, manager Pep Guardiola said.
Belgium playmaker De Bruyne has returned to first-team training this week for the first time since suffering a groin injury in a win over Everton last month.
Centre back John Stones is also back after recovering from a thigh problem, as is Benjamin Mendy, although the French full back may have to wait for his first-team comeback.
“Some of them are back,” Guardiola told a news conference on Friday. “Kevin is back, John has trained well the last two days. Mendy a little later but he’s back.”
City will look to get their league title defence back on track at Selhurst Park after a shock loss to Wolverhampton Wanderers last time out left Guardiola’s side eight points behind leaders Liverpool, who hold a 100 per cent record.
City are unhappy about the Premier League’s scheduling after the release of the broadcast selections for the Christmas period, with the Manchester club saying the fixtures favoured Liverpool.
City will play at Wolves on December 27 at 7.45pm local time and then kick off against Sheffield United at the Etihad less than 48 hours afterwards.
Liverpool, meanwhile, have an extra day of rest between games against Leicester City on Boxing Day and Wolves on December 29.
Omar Berrada, City’s chief operating officer, said the Premier League is not doing enough to protect its players, and Guardiola echoed his sentiments.
“It’s what it is,” Guardiola said. “Since I came here every season it’s the same. The broadcasters are the bosses, it’s not about us. (SuperSport)
•PHOTO: De Bruyne
Source Daily Sports
Posted October 19, 2019
You may also like...
Lampard Hails Defensive Improvement But Says No Time...
Fury to fight Usyk for undisputed heavyweight title...
Amaju vs Giwa: This crisis should come to...
Rayo Vallecano Stand By Women’s Coach Who Made...
Neymar Banned for Three Champions League Matches over...
Brentford sign Kelleher as Flekken sold to Leverkusen...

FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate
Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status
Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival
56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup
ICYMI: CAF reaffirms Morocco as host of WAFCON 2026, rejects postponement talk
PHOTOS: Kenya’s Ezra Kering wins 2026 Lagos city marathon
Chukwuemka prefers Austria to Nigeria
Enekwechi throws season best, Okezie finishes second in Serbia
Ogazi wins SEC Runner of the Week
Lookman has matched Osimhen’s impact – Peseiro
West Ham plot Chukwueze summer hijack
Tennis: Stakeholders dream big after Davis Cup promotion
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,556 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,865 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,777 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,416 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,331 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,249 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,116 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,664 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,834 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,365 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,758 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,222 views)