By Daily Sports on August 21, 2019
Former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is close to agreeing a lucrative deal with Trabzonspor after arriving in Turkey to undertake the formalities of a transfer, sources have told ESPN FC.
The 29-year-old free agent, who was courted by Fenerbahce earlier this summer, has been assessing the options available to him with clubs from La Liga, MLS and Qatar interested in signing him.
Trabzonspor have put the best proposal together, offering him a two-year contract understood to be worth just under £3 million per year.
There could be an option for a further 12 months, with Sturridge’s representatives – including his uncle and manager Dean Sturridge – having met with the club’s vice-president Sertac Guven last week.
If all goes as planned, the Super Lig side expect to announce the signing of the England international this week, with fans sharing clips of themselves doing the Sturridge dance on social media in an effort to convince the forward to complete the move.
Sturridge was released from Liverpool when his contract expired at the end of June, saying goodbye on a high after the Champions League final triumph against Tottenham in Madrid.
He scored 67 goals for the club in 160 appearances following his £12m transfer from Chelsea in January 2013. (ESPN)
•Photo shows Daniel Sturridge
Source Daily Sports
Posted August 21, 2019
You may also like...
Evra Returns to Man Utd in Youth Coach...
Man United must relish Old Trafford, says Solskjaer...
Saviour targets promotion for high-flying Belgian club
Tyson Fury says Anthony Joshua fight is off:...
Van Gaal on the brink of the sack...
Conte extends stay at Chelsea

Edo Queens get home support ahead CAF qualifiers
Nigerian Triathlon Union fixes Sept 30 for election
Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces
Ronaldo hits 977 career goals as Al Nassr thrash Al Riyadh 4-0
Racist abuse spurred Suzuki as Japan goalkeeper set for Premier League
Fury calls Joshua coward, casts doubts on super-fight
My basketball dream ended after visa denial — Ex-BBNaija star Hermes
Olayinka ready for Saudi journey
Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG
EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,041 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,402 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,288 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,892 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,769 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,645 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,540 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,055 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,259 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,730 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,219 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,601 views)