By Daily Sports on July 30, 2019
After his recent goalscoring feat, Kelechi Iheanacho has expressed his readiness for the 2019-20 season with Leicester City.
On Saturday, the 22-year-old returned to the scoresheet with a brace in the Foxes’ 2-2 draw against Rotherham United.
He is looking to improve his poor return last season, where he scored just two goals in 35 matches across all competitions.
Earlier this summer, he was dropped from the Nigeria team that finished third at the 2019
Africa Cup of Nations, however, he has taken the snub as motivation for the upcoming campaign.
“I think, in every footballer’s life there are all sorts of ups and downs,” Iheanacho said, per
Leicester Mercury.
“And I think that is one of those moments for me. I think that will make me work hard and push for the best to come.
Despite his underwhelming performances last season, Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers assured the Nigeria international that he is part of his plans for the upcoming campaign.
Iheanacho described Rodgers’ comments as morale-boosting as he continues to build his confidence.
“When a manager says something like that to you as a player, it gives you a lot of confidence,” Iheanacho added.
“For me, I am happy and I am ready to give my best this season.
“Everyone is pushing to get in the squad because we have a good squad, good players and everyone is working hard to get in the team.
“This season I have moved on. I am getting my confidence back, the staff are really good people, the manager is brilliant, so I think we will see how it goes this season.” (Goal)
•Photo shows Kelechi Iheanacho
Source Daily Sports
Posted July 30, 2019
You may also like...
Arsenal make Osimhen summer priority
Iwobi tips Akpom to be next Arsenal star...
Caf Champions League: Mfon Udoh blasts Aigbogun's tactics...
Murray pulls out of Toronto after Wimbledon win...
Kun Khalifat face sanction over botched NPFL game...
FG Makes U-Turn, Lifts Suspension On Nigeria’s Basketball...

Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory
Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists
Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly
Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,566 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,872 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,785 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,420 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,336 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,255 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,122 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,670 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,841 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,371 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,761 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,230 views)