Ferrari Penalty Challenge Rejected as Valtteri Bottas Top French GP Practice

By Daily Sports on June 22, 2019

Ferrari’s attempt to overturn the penalty that cost Sebastian Vettel victory in the Canadian Grand Prix has been rejected by Formula 1 officials.

The team met with race stewards at the French Grand Prix on Friday to argue for a right to review the incident.

But stewards found that Ferrari had presented “no significant and relevant new elements which were unavailable to the parties at the time”.

The decision means Ferrari are still waiting for a victory in 2019.

Vettel said that he was: “Disappointed. Very disappointed. For myself, for the team, for the sport and the fans. Just a disappointment.

“It was not just the decision – so we felt we had a chance but the FIA [the world governing body] didn't share that opinion.”

Ferrari presented a number of what Laurent Mekies, their deputy technical director, said were “quite overwhelming” new evidence.

This included analysis of telemetry from Vettel’s car, on-board camera views from both cars; a camera facing towards the German’s face during the race; GPS analysis of the cars’ trajectories; and a witness statement from the driver himself.

One piece of evidence submitted by Ferrari was television analysis by former F1 driver Karun Chandhok, an unusual step for a team to take in such a situation.

But stewards ruled that all of those were available either before the end of the race, or were not new and significant.

Vettel had been found guilty of rejoining the track in an unsafe manner and forcing Hamilton to take avoiding action. (BBC)

•Photo shows Sebastien Vettel 

Source Daily Sports

Posted June 22, 2019


 

You may also like...
Lampard Key To Werner Choosing Chelsea

Portuguese Clubs Resume Training After Virus Stoppage

Super 4: Flying Rangers dump Rivers United 2-0...

Ofili battles Thomas, Neita in Florida today

BREAKING NEWS: Mourinho sacked by Tottenham

Pep Keen On ‘Operation Catch Arsenal’

 

Latest News Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists Ajagba eyes tougher fights after knocking Martin out Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,565 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,871 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,784 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,420 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,336 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,254 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,122 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,670 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,841 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,371 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,761 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,230 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media