By Daily Sports on June 7, 2019
Manchester City have launched a legal bid to stop Uefa banning them from the Champions League over alleged financial misconduct, according to British media reports on Thursday.
City, who retained the Premier League title this season, are in danger of being kicked out of future editions of the Champions League after Uefa probed reported Financial Fair Play breaches.
The investigation was triggered by European football’s governing body in March after claims City, who have Abu Dhabi-based owners, hid revenue from overvalued commercial deals in order to meet the Uefa spending guidelines.
According to the Daily Telegraph, the Premier League champions have now approached the Lausanne-based Court of Arbitration for Sport ahead of an imminent sentencing decision from Uefa Club Financial Control Body’s (CFCB) adjudicatory chamber.
It is believed the adjudicatory chamber is unlikely to rule against the conclusions of chief investigator Yves Leterme, who signed over his probe into an alleged payments deception two weeks ago and is thought to have recommended City should be banned from the Champions League.
That would leave Pep Guardiola’s side out of Europe’s elite club competition, potentially for the 2020-21 campaign.
But City are believed to be challenging Uefa’s right to send the case to their adjudicatory chamber and its competence to sit in judgement on the club at all.
City did not respond to a request for comment, but the club have previously said the referral to the judicial branch “ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City”.
City, who added the FA Cup and League Cup this season for an unprecedented domestic treble, also said the allegations of wrongdoing were “entirely false” and that there is “comprehensive proof” otherwise. (SuperSport)
•Photo shows Man City players
Source Daily Sports
Posted June 7, 2019
You may also like...
Golbe praises Boboye on Plateau Utd's impressive season...
How Bayelsa Queens emerged Nigeria Women Premier League...
Sports Minister Decorates Governor Okowa With Award of...
Yaya Toure To Coach At Olimpik Donetsk
I won’t win Ballon d’Or as I’m not...
Ramsey And Roberts Give Wales Victory Over Turkey...

Draws hold as Niger Delta Games begin Friday
NFF to review Chelle’s $130k request, other demands
Usman to retire after becoming two-division champ
NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash
Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate
Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies
Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos
Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,571 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,875 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,787 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,423 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,257 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,126 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,672 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,844 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,374 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,762 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,233 views)