Cardiff City Submit Sala Evidence to Fifa

By Daily Sports on April 16, 2019

Cardiff City have submitted their evidence to Fifa in their dispute with Nantes over the £15m transfer fee for Emiliano Sala.

Cardiff have so far refused to make an interim payment towards the fee for the Argentine striker who died in a plane crash in January.

The Premier League club claim the deal was not legally binding.

Nantes referred the dispute to Fifa, who granted an extension to Monday for the clubs to submit their evidence.

Now Cardiff have confirmed they have met the deadline.

A club statement said: “Cardiff City FC has today submitted its answer in response to the claim filed by FC Nantes on 26 February 2019.”

Recently, Cardiff offered Nantes direct talks in an effort to settle the dispute, after Fifa president Gianni Infantino said he hoped the clubs could reach an agreement.

But now the matter seems likely to be adjudicated by Fifa.

Cardiff will say Nantes’ conditions for completion of the deal were not fulfilled and Sala was not registered as a Premier League player.

Nantes claim the required paperwork was completed and they were fully compliant with Fifa regulations.

Earlier a Fifa spokesperson told BBC Sport Wales: “Proceedings are currently ongoing and therefore please understand we cannot comment further at this stage. Any potential update will be communicated in due course.” (BBC)

•Photo shows Emiliano Sala 

Source Daily Sports

Posted April 16, 2019


 

You may also like...
Real, Barca set up title showdown

How I Masterminded Nigeria’s Downfall — Algeria Head...

Aiteo Cup: We lived up to our motto...

Hamilton Signs One-Year Deal With Mercedes F1 Team...

Kluivert Named Barcelona Academy Director

Barca Target Olmo

 

Latest News Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss Katsina United clarifies Ozor’s death report SWAN Congratulates New Anambra CP Ama On Assumption Of Duty

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,030 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,387 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,632 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,204 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media