By Daily Sports on March 9, 2019
Santi Solari has lost the support of the Real Madrid hierarchy and will be sacked as manager when the club settle on a replacement, sources have told ESPN FC.
Solari is now effectively an “interim manager” after Madrid bosses took the decision to remove him following his side’s elimination from the Champions League round-of-16 stage in a 4-1 loss to Ajax on Tuesday.
The defeat meant the 13-time European champions are out of the running for all major trophies this season, with the La Liga title well out of sight and their Copa del Rey campaign brutally ended by arch rivals Barcelona last month.
The board are ready to move ahead with Solari’s departure, sources have told ESPN, but have not found a viable candidate to take over, which has delayed his dismissal.
Sources say the club’s board have spent the last 24 hours conducting a frantic search for the right person to take control until the end of the season, with an eye on the next phase of the club’s future.
Club president Florentino Perez and other members of the board conducted an emergency meeting at the Bernabeu in which the option of changing manager was discussed. The meeting lasted well into the early hours of Friday morning, but when it ended the board had still not identified an obvious candidate.
Most would rather not wait until the summer to get rid of Solari with 12 La Liga matches left for the team to ensure their participation in the Champions League next season. Real Madrid sit third in the table on 48 points, six clear of Getafe in fourth.
Former managers Zinedine Zidane and Jose Mourinho have both emerged as possible successors to Solari. (ESPN)
•Photo shows Santiago Solari
Source Daily Sports
Posted March 9, 2019
You may also like...
Joshua And Fury Exchange Insults
Coaching: Samuel Eto'o eyes Inter Milan
NFF Pays Glowing Tributes As Okenwa Is Buried...
Joshua reveals new gameplan for Usyk rematch, promotes...
Ronaldo Storms Off Pitch After Being Denied Last-Second...
Messi On Target As PSG Beat Man City...

NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash
Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate
Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies
Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos
Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory
Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,567 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,875 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,787 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,422 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,257 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,124 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,672 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,843 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,372 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,762 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,232 views)