By Daily Sports on March 5, 2019
Fifa has recommended the use of video assistant referee (VAR) technology for the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France this year.
The organising committee of world soccer’s governing body met on Monday and backed the use of VAR at the tournament after it was introduced at the men’s World Cup last year in Russia.
The Fifa council will make a final decision on whether the technology will be used at this year’s women’s event, which runs from June 7-July 7, when it meets in Miami later this month.
“I can’t see them not having (VAR), I think it would be a little bit insulting if we weren't afforded the same opportunity (as the men),” US coach Jill Ellis said in July.
The technology, which is operating in most of the leading European soccer leagues, has been used in the Champions League knockout stage for the first time this season.
The English Premier League plans to use VAR next season. (SuperSport)
•Photo shows VAR
Source Daily Sports
Posted March 5, 2019
You may also like...
Former Liverpool Boss Houllier Dies Aged 73
World Cup: England beats Iran 6-2
CAF Champions League: Rivers United Bank On Home...
Morocco stunned by lowly Comoros in AFCON Qualifier...
Arsenal reach FA Cup Quarters To Ease Euro...
Time’s up for Antonio Conte even if Chelsea...

Chelsea's 'best player' Palmer fit to face Arsenal
I’m going to school Paul – Joshua
EPL: Arteta says Chelsea ‘fully deserving’ title rivals ahead of showdown
Osimhen undergoes tests today for Fenerbahce return
Atalanta must take UCL form to Serie A – Lookman
Crystal Palace's five-match unbeaten run ended by Strasbourg
EPL: Chelsea, Arsenal set for London derby as Man City hosts struggling Leeds
Pimblett to fight Gaethje for interim title in January
Madueke 'not worried' by fan criticism over signing
'More identity' - Frank takes heart from Spurs defeat at PSG
Slot having 'same conversations' at club despite form
Ex-UFC champ, Garcia warn Paul against Joshua fight
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,374 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,608 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,547 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,186 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,161 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,080 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (51,923 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,507 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,633 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,199 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,592 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,065 views)