Rugby star charged with sexual assault

By Daily Sports on November 20, 2018

Australian rugby league player Jarryd Hayne has been charged with aggravated sexual assault by Australian police.

The 30-year-old is accused of sexually assaulting a woman in Hunter Valley, north of Sydney, on 30 September.

New South Wales Police said he has been bailed pending a court appearance in Burwood on 10 December. Police said they launched an investigation after receiving reports a woman had been sexually assaulted by a man she met on social media.

The investigation is being led by detectives from the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad.

Hayne is currently a free agent having left the Parramatta Eels at the end of the season.

He helped the Eels reach the 2009 Grand Final, scoring 121 tries in 214 NRL games, and has twice won the Dally M Medal awarded to the NRL's player of the year.

Hayne has played 11 Tests for Australia, helping them to win the 2013 World Cup, but has also represented Fiji, where his father hails from.

He left the Eels to play American football in 2015 with the San Francisco 49ers but returned to Australia the following year. (BBC)

•Photo shows Jarryd Hayne

Source Daily Sports

Posted November 20, 2018


 

You may also like...
W’Cup: Saudi coach denies Rolls Royce gifts for...

Sheyi Ojo Scores Wonder Goal In Emotional Europa...

Spanish Govt Says No Guarantee Football Resumes Before...

De Bruyne Out For 4 To 6 Weeks...

Liverpool postpone pre-season return following Jota death

CHAN Eagles and the ongoing African Championship in...

 

Latest News Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss Katsina United clarifies Ozor’s death report SWAN Congratulates New Anambra CP Ama On Assumption Of Duty

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,029 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,387 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,631 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,203 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media