By Daily Sports on October 1, 2018
Confederation of Africa Football Federations (CAF) President Ahmad Ahmad has revealed that the final decision over Cameroon as host of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) will be made in November.
Speaking to the media on Friday, Ahmad admitted that Cameroon’s preparations have progressed well since then, but that certain issues remain.
“The security Committee and the inspection team will visit Cameroon to assess the situation before a final ruling is made end of November,” Ahmad told the media during a short press conference in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
“We watched a video showing some of the developments in Cameroon as per preparation and there are good changes, but not enough yet.”
CAF Director of Communications Nathalie Rabe later confirmed the November deadline to KweséESPN.
“The final decision on the status of Cameroon for 2019 AFCON hosting will be made in November by CAF and the agency Roland Berger,” Rabe said.
“Yes members said there are some security issues in Cameroon that need to be assessed together with the evaluation on the progress of the on-going work.”
•Adapted from a KweseESPN.com report. Photo shows CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad
Source Daily Sports
Posted October 1, 2018
You may also like...
Keshi’s death is shocking —Former Sports Minister Bolaji...
Jorginho joins Flamengo after Arsenal departure
Chelle visits F’Eagles in camp
Giwa FC makes U-turn, pleads with LMC to...
Buffon disappointed over Juventus loss
Man Utd Halt Man City's Winning Streak With...

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,030 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,389 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,633 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,527 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,039 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,247 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,206 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)