Lopetegui criticises Girona v Barcelona US game plan

By Daily Sports on September 15, 2018

Real Madrid coach Julen Lopetegui has criticised plans to hold a La Liga match in the United States, saying it undermines the competition.

On Tuesday Barcelona, Girona and La Liga asked the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) for permission for the clubs to relocate a game to the US.

The fixture, Girona’s ‘home’ match, would be held at Miami's Hard Rock Stadium on 26 January at 19:45 GMT.

“I am not in favour of it happening," former Spain manager Lopetegui said.

“It does not benefit the equality of the competition. All the teams should play in the same stadiums.”

The RFEF, the US Soccer Federation, Uefa and Concacaf – the sport’s governing body in North America – need to give permission for the game to go ahead.

Luis Rubiales, the president of the RFEF, has previously spoken out against the US game.

The Spanish players’ union (AFE) has also opposed the match and following a meeting with La Liga on Monday, it said the players would have the “final say”.

La Liga, Spain’s top flight, has agreed to play one game a season in the US as part of a 15-year deal with media company Relevent. (BBC)

•Photo shows Real Madrid Coach Julen Lopetegui

Source Daily Sports

Posted September 15, 2018


 

You may also like...
Chelsea Staff ‘Turned Blind Eye’ To Sexual Abuse...

Sheffield United Earn First Win Of The Season...

Promoters to unveil Joshua, Usyk rematch date, venue...

WTT Tournament: Lin Ends Aruna’s Journey

NFF Disengages Super Eagles Technical Crew

Nuno Vows Not To Crack Under Spurs Pressure...

 

Latest News Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists Ajagba eyes tougher fights after knocking Martin out Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat Chelle eyes foreign Eagles to strengthen Nigerian team Nobody'll Stop Me From Contesting 2027 Election, Obi Vows -Even If It Holds in Their Bedroom -Assures Youths Of Accountability In Governance FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival 56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,561 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,867 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,779 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,418 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,332 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,252 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,120 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,668 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,838 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,368 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,760 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,228 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media