Whyte: Wilder crying over AJ

By Daily Sports on July 5, 2018

 Dillian Whyte has no sympathy for Deontay Wilder after he was denied the Anthony Joshua fight, as he believes the American "wasted my time".

Brixton heavyweight Whyte is only a few weeks away from his crucial clash against Joseph Parker at The O2 on July 28, live on Sky Sports Box Office , with the winner staying in contention for a world-title fight

Joshua was unable to agree a huge unification clash with WBC champion Wilder for all the major belts, with the WBA ordering him to instead make a defence against Alexander Povetkin , and Whyte feels this is a fitting outcome after he was not granted a shot at the WBC belt.

"You know, what goes around, comes around," Whyte told Sky Sports . "I ain't got no sympathy for him, no chance. He's messed me about and wasted my time.

"Paid thousands and thousands of sanctioning fees. I've had all the fights, the ranking fights, I won all the belts that I could win off the WBC. I won every single one that I was eligible for, I've defended them.

"I was No 1 but none of that was relevant, basically Deontay Wilder just kept on avoiding me, and then now he thought he had the fight and then Joshua went the other way.

"Now he's crying. He's going to be so disheartened he may lose his next fight."

Wilder had previously branded Whyte as a "peasant" and derided his chances of receiving a WBC title fight, which became more unlikely after Dominic Breazeale was installed as the mandatory challenger, despite the south Londoner's status as the No 1-ranked contender.

Whyte said: "I know the feeling, because you're thinking I've got the big one coming next, I train and train, I go in there and put in a good performance and then the champion strings you out.

"Now he understands. Karma is you know what, and now he's on the receiving end of it.

"Hopefully it's humbled him and hopefully he will start fighting his mandatory and No 1 challengers now, and realise that [he should] just fight the people that are there to fight. He would have made a lot of money by fighting me."

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn has offered Wilder an alternative date of April 13 at Wembley Stadium , but Whyte doubts whether the 'Bronze Bomber' remains willing to agree a deal.

"I don't know," he said. "I think he feels he's been mugged off a bit by Eddie Hearn and Joshua. Egos and stuff gets in the way and these fights don't happen. It's a massive fight, it's a mega fight.

"Out of principle, he might say I'm not fighting this guy, because they messed me about." (Sky Sports)

Source Daily Sports

Posted July 5, 2018


 

You may also like...
Why I snubbed Saudi offer – Osimhen

Klopp Rejects Rebuild Talk Amid Poor Run Of...

Isaac Success set to replace Ighalo at Watford...

Real Madrid, Juventus and Barca not giving up...

Arsenal confirm Sokratis deal

AC Milan Sign Lille Goalkeeper Maignan

 

Latest News Itauma unfazed by Usyk threat Arsenal win English Premier League after Man City draw at Bournemouth AFCON qualifiers: Nigeria face Madagascar, Tanzania, G’Bissau FIFA WORLD CUP 2026: Dreaming of Olise, Musiala, Eze, Saka - Priceless Jewels Nigeria Lost to Treachery D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double 2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success Adeshina to headline PFL Africa Lagos debut Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,787 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,110 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,066 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,633 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,548 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,453 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,287 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,845 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,031 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,528 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,955 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,405 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media