Neymar accused of ‘spitting on PSG by watching title win from Brazil

By Daily Sports on April 18, 2018

Neymar “spat” on Paris Saint-Germain by not returning to the club in time to lift the Ligue 1 trophy last week, former France star Christophe Dugarry has said.

Since breaking a bone in his foot in February, Neymar has been recovering in his native Brazil, and PSG said at the beginning of April that they expected him back within two or three weeks.

But as PSG clinched the French title on Sunday with a 7-1 victory over Monaco, Neymar was still at home and posted a photo of himself playing poker while watching the decisive victory.

And Dugarry, who won the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000 with France, took the world's highest-paid player to task for a lack of leadership.

“How come he was not there for the title-winning match? How can he claim to be a leader?” Dugarry said in his role as a pundit on RMC. “Take up an individual sport if you want to navel gaze.

“On top of that, he was playing poker! How can the club accept that? He spat on PSG here.

“How can you shake the hands of your teammates when you behave like that? If I was a PSG supporter, I would be mad with anger.”

Dugarry also said that if Neymar still played for Barcelona, he would have returned in time to lift the trophy in La Liga.

Speaking at a sponsor event in Sao Paulo on Tuesday, Neymar said it was hard not to be with his PSG teammates to celebrate the title.

“It is very bad to see my team score, win a title and I am not able to be there,” he said. “But my health is above this.”

Neymar also said he spends 12 hours a day in physiotherapy and only plays poker while recuperating.

He said he expects to be “available” on May 17, which could allow him to feature in the Coupe de France final against third-tier Les Herbiers, should PSG beat Caen in their semifinal on Wednesday.

The forward also said that while it has been hard to miss a crucial part of the season, the bright side is that he will be well rested when the World Cup begins on June 14.

“I will have enough time to arrive well at the World Cup and be prepared,” Neymar said after arriving using crutches. “It’s terrible to be injured, but I am more tired. We have to look at things from the good side.”

He added: “I’m trying to come back better that I was. There are certain doubts, at times I still feel it [the injury], it was my first surgery. I will come back very well, giving my best.

“From the moment I start training, I will give, I will dedicate myself even more because it’s a dream that’s coming, it’s the World Cup. I’ve waited four years for this opportunity, and now it’s close.” (ESPN)

•Photo shows Neymar

Source Daily Sports

Posted April 18, 2018


 

You may also like...
CAF Fires General Secretary after Accusing President of...

Heavyweight showdown: Joshua’s team making a big mistake...

Man Utd Ready To Demand Rice In Any...

Anambra SWAN commiserates with Gov. soludo over his...

Griezmann Strikes Again As France Labour To Win...

English FA to ask Sunderland boss to explain...

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,321 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,492 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,475 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,077 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,062 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,058 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,875 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,421 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,534 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,135 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,574 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,995 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media