By Daily Sports on April 1, 2018
Chelsea’s Davide Zappacosta would rather Antonio Conte remained his manager at Stamford Bridge than became his boss for the Italian national team.
Zappacosta, 25, is in the strange position of knowing he might have Conte as his boss for either club or country next season, with Conte facing an uncertain future at Chelsea and wanted by the Italian FA.
But ahead of Sunday’s key London derby against Spurs, which could have a strong bearing on Champions League qualification, the defender has made it clear he strongly wants his countryman to stay in charge at Chelsea.
“The coach is really important for us. He’s worked in a really good way for Chelsea since the start of the season. He is focused on us and his objective is to keep on winning with Chelsea. He always tries to work in the best way for us,” said Zappacosta.
“He is a good coach, a football teacher who makes you plan in a good way. He gives you advice to make sure you are in exactly the right way on the pitch. He is able to give you the strength of character to build your confidence.”
Zappacosta was signed by Conte from Torino on deadline day last summer but the £23 million wing-back has had a mixed season like a lot of players at Chelsea and hasn't been able to displace Victor Moses on a regular basis.
However, he played well for Italy in their 1-1 draw against England at Wembley last week and says he is settled in London.
“Everything changed for me after the move, especially from the climate point of view. But since I've been here, I have got to know a lot of Italians in the area I live. I have started to feel at home here and they have helped me integrate into the society and London life. I have to say I feel really well here.
“For sure, the Spurs game is an important match. We’re preparing in the best way we can. We know about Harry Kane but they have a lot of difficult players to face and we must pay a lot of attention to them. A good result could make a real difference to us at the end of the season.”
•Sourced from Daily Mail. Photo shows Chelsea’s Davide Zappacosta
Source Daily Sports
Posted April 1, 2018
You may also like...
European Heavyweights Enjoy Winning Starts In Nations League...
Libyan authorities hold Eagles hostage at airport
2017’ll be great for Nigerian football – Pinnick...
‘Schreuder erred with Bassey signing’
Abia Warriors' Biffo not getting carried away
Flying Eagles to play Ghana, Benin in WAFU...

Chelsea's 'best player' Palmer fit to face Arsenal
I’m going to school Paul – Joshua
EPL: Arteta says Chelsea ‘fully deserving’ title rivals ahead of showdown
Osimhen undergoes tests today for Fenerbahce return
Atalanta must take UCL form to Serie A – Lookman
Crystal Palace's five-match unbeaten run ended by Strasbourg
EPL: Chelsea, Arsenal set for London derby as Man City hosts struggling Leeds
Pimblett to fight Gaethje for interim title in January
Madueke 'not worried' by fan criticism over signing
'More identity' - Frank takes heart from Spurs defeat at PSG
Slot having 'same conversations' at club despite form
Ex-UFC champ, Garcia warn Paul against Joshua fight
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,374 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,609 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,547 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,187 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,161 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,080 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (51,923 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,509 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,635 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,199 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,592 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,065 views)