By Daily Sports Nigeria on January 4, 2023
Five-time Ballon d’Or winner, Cristiano Ronaldo, has revealed that his work in Europe is done, having played for the best clubs in the continent.
Ronaldo said this at his first press conference with Saudi Arabia club, Al Nassr, in s deal which made him the highest paid footballer in the world.
According to the Portuguese, he snubbed offers from Europe and clubs in other continents to take up the challenge of developing football in Saudi Arabia.
He said, “So far, I’m feeling very good. I’m so proud to make this big decision in my life in football. As I mentioned before, my work in Europe is done. And for me, now is a new challenge in Asia.
“I’m glad that Al Nassr gave me this wonderful opportunity to show and develop not only football but also the young generation, the women’s generation as well and young boys. For me, it’s a challenge but at the same time I feel very proud.”
The 37-year-old added that part of the challenge he had taken up included giving a different vision about Saudi Arabia.
He said, “As I told you before, this is a great opportunity for me, not only in football but also to change the mentality of the new generation. Nobody knew but I can say now of many opportunities in Europe, many clubs in Brazil, Australia, US, even in Portugal… many clubs tried to sign me, but I gave my word to this club for the opportunity to not only develop football but other parts of this amazing country.
“For me, it’s a good challenge. I know what I want and I know what I don’t want as well. So, for me, it’s a good chance to change, to help with my knowledge and with my experience… to help to grow many important points. Many people do not know that Al Nassr have women’s football as well.
“I want to give a different vision of the country, of the football… This is why I took this opportunity.”
Source Punch Ng
Posted January 4, 2023
You may also like...
Arsenal Ready To Sell Pepe In January
Anambra wonder kid wins 4 gold in gymnastics...
Six Olympic Boxes Contracted Coronavirus
Nadal, Serena Win Roland Garros Openers As Thiem...
Valtteri Bottas Signs New Mercedes Deal For 2021...
Nigeria: Matters arising from football that must be...

Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege
FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off
Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials
Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen
Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket
LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos
Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau
Ezechukwu eyes double gold in African Champs
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,780 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,102 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,041 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,625 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,543 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,444 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,839 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,027 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,525 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,948 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,399 views)