By Daily Sports Nigeria on October 29, 2022
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti says he is happy with the current squad and won’t look for back-up for Karim Benzema in January.
The Ballon d’Or winning striker, who turns 35 in December, has suffered from thigh injuries this season and missed most of the club’s matches in September.
“We are not thinking about the winter window, we are not interested in it,” Ancelotti told a news conference on Saturday, ahead of Real Madrid’s clash with Girona on Sunday.
“This is the squad which will continue until the end of the season and it will not change.”
The coach said Benzema will not face Girona despite training on Friday, while Rodrygo was a doubt after feeling unwell overnight.
“After training he did not feel comfortable, he did a test, there’s no problem but we have to take into account how he feels,” said Ancelotti.
“There are clinical tests, that say there’s no problem, but after that there’s how the player feels, and he says he’s not 100 percent.”
By contrast, Luka Modric, Fede Valverde, Dani Ceballos and Mariano will return for the league leaders after various injury problems.
Madrid suffered their first defeat of the season across all competitions against Leipzig on Tuesday, but had already qualified for the Champions League last 16.
Goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois criticised the team after the game, saying they went out “asleep” against the Bundesliga side.
“What Thibaut said was not ferocious, it was fair,” said Ancelotti.
“Now we don’t have to think too much about what happened in Leipzig, it’s over, we saw it, and now we will correct it.”
Source The Guardian Nigeria
Posted October 29, 2022
You may also like...
Nnaji Predicts Imminent Collapse Of Sports In Nigeria...
Olympic champion Caster Semenya to challenge 'unfair' IAAF...
Messi, Ronaldo, Griezmann, Pogba in action as World...
AFCON: Trouble For Comoros As Both Goalkeepers Contract...
Musa makes winning start at Leicester
Oshoba battles Braga for WBC title Jan 13...

Gala fans to honour Osimhen’s late mother
Eagles to play Iran, Jordan in four-nation tourney
First Falcons call-up thrills Erhabor
Ekezie junior claims Defensive MVP award at All-Star camp
Niger-Delta Games: Sports, instrument of unity, empowerment — Tinubu
Draws hold as Niger Delta Games begin Friday
NFF to review Chelle’s $130k request, other demands
Usman to retire after becoming two-division champ
NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash
Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate
Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies
Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,572 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,880 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,788 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,425 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,258 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,127 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,673 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,846 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,376 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,763 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,233 views)