Cech joins list of Chelsea departures

By Daily Sports Nigeria on June 27, 2022

Petr Cech became the latest member of Chelsea’s senior management team to leave the club on Monday following a change in ownership.

Long-serving chairman Bruce Buck and director Marina Granovskaia also departed Stamford Bridge last week in the wake of a takeover from American Todd Boehly’s consortium.

Cech, who won 13 major honours with Chelsea during his playing career as a goalkeeper, became the club’s technical and performance advisor when he retired in 2019.

“It has been a huge privilege to perform this role at Chelsea for the past three years,” Cech said in a club statement.

“With the club under new ownership, I feel now is the right time for me to step aside.

“I am pleased that the club is now in an excellent position with the new owners, and I am confident of its future success both on and off the pitch.”

Boehly has been installed as Chelsea’s new chairman and taken over as interim sporting director.

“Petr is an important member of the Chelsea family,” said Boehly.

“We understand his decision to step away and thank him for his contributions as an advisor and his commitment to the club and to our community.”

Cech’s departure puts Boehly under even more scrutiny during what is expected to be a hectic transfer window for the Blues.

Chelsea, who finished third in the Premier League last season, have been linked with moves for Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt, Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling and Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele.

The club’s record signing, Romelu Lukaku, is reportedly set to rejoin Inter Milan on loan just one year after making a move in the opposite direction for £98 million ($120 million).

 

 

 

Source The Guardian Nigeria

Posted June 27, 2022


 

You may also like...
Maignan Out For 10 Weeks After Wrist Operation...

Buhari hails Super Eagles for beating Sudan

SA’s Lloyd Harris Stuns Dominic Thiem In Dubai...

TTC RhönSprudel Offers Aruna Quadri Two-Year Contract Extension...

Man Utd Players ‘Suffer Food Poisoning Outbreak’

Perez Hat-Trick Ends Newcastle Relegation Fears

 

Latest News Joshua, Fury in contract stalemate Agunbiade emerges Nigeria’s lone survivor at WTT Lagos Nigeria call-up boosted my confidence – Alebiosu First Eagles invite thrills Rangers’ Oputa 270 athletes begin journey to stardom in Edo Itauma unfazed by Usyk threat Arsenal win English Premier League after Man City draw at Bournemouth AFCON qualifiers: Nigeria face Madagascar, Tanzania, G’Bissau FIFA WORLD CUP 2026: Dreaming of Olise, Musiala, Eze, Saka - Priceless Jewels Nigeria Lost to Treachery D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double 2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,789 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,112 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,069 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,636 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,550 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,454 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,288 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,846 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,034 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,530 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,959 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,405 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media