By Daily sports on August 18, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo on Tuesday blasted reports that he was trying for a return to Real Madrid, hours after coach Carlo Ancelotti also said he was not going to take the Juventus forward back to Spain.
In an Instagram post, Ronaldo said that his “story at Real Madrid has been written”, although he did not explicitly say that he was not looking for a way out of Juve.
He said that such talk was “disrespectful” to both him and “to all the clubs involved in these rumours, as well as to their players and staff”.
“There have been frequent news and stories associating me with a number of clubs in many different Leagues, with nobody ever being concerned about trying to find out the actual truth,” Ronaldo added.
“I’m breaking my silence now to say that I can’t allow people to keep playing around with my name. I remain focused on my career and in my work, committed and prepared for all the challenges that I have to face.”
Ronaldo has been the subject of a series of rumours about his future this summer. On Tuesday Italian daily Corriere dello Sport said that his agent Jorge Mendes had offered the 36-year-old to Manchester City.
Other outlets said that Paris Saint-Germain was interested but stepped back once they pulled off the signing of the close season, bringing free agent Lionel Messi to the French capital.
Earlier on Tuesday, Ancelotti said that Real Madrid was not interested in the return of the man who fired the club to four Champions League triumphs. (AFP)
•PHOTO: Cristiano Ronaldo
Source Daily sports
Posted August 18, 2021
You may also like...
Golf: Ikoyi Club Ladies’ unveils 50th anniversary tourney...
Okpanam gets Africa’s best hockey pitch ahead Delta...
Benzema Hat-Trick Lifts Gloom at Real, Trophy Goes...
FC Ifeanyiubah pile misery on Remo
Chelsea’s Maresca says rotation unavoidable
I Have Not Retired — Asamoah Gyan

Nobody'll Stop Me From Contesting 2027 Election, Obi Vows -Even If It Holds in Their Bedroom -Assures Youths Of Accountability In Governance
FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate
Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status
Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival
56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup
ICYMI: CAF reaffirms Morocco as host of WAFCON 2026, rejects postponement talk
PHOTOS: Kenya’s Ezra Kering wins 2026 Lagos city marathon
Chukwuemka prefers Austria to Nigeria
Enekwechi throws season best, Okezie finishes second in Serbia
Ogazi wins SEC Runner of the Week
Lookman has matched Osimhen’s impact – Peseiro
West Ham plot Chukwueze summer hijack
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,559 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,867 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,778 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,418 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,332 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,250 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,119 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,668 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,837 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,368 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,760 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,226 views)