By Daily sports on June 7, 2021
Sergio Busquets has left Spain’s pre-Euro 2020 training camp after testing positive for Covid-19, the country’s football federation (RFEF) announced on Sunday.
In a statement, the RFEF said Spain captain Busquets, 32, tested positive earlier on Sunday, with the rest of the squad all testing negative.
The RFEF added that those who have been in close contact with Barcelona midfielder Busquets “will remain isolated” as a preventative measure.
The squad will carry out individual training programmes in the build-up to the Euro, which begins on Friday.
Spain’s first match is against Sweden on June 14 and coach Luis Enrique has until Saturday to make changes to his squad ahead of their opening fixture in Seville.
“Appropriate sporting measures will be assessed according to the situation of the national team captain,” the RFEF said.
Busquets has played over 120 times for Spain and helped his country to triumphs at the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012.
He has also won eight Spanish league titles and three Champions Leagues with Barcelona, as well as a host of other trophies. (AFP)
•PHOTO: Sergio Busquets
Source Daily sports
Posted June 7, 2021
You may also like...
I miss my last salary from PSG -...
FIFA ok Nigeria, Argentina friendly in Russia
Liverpool Beat Milan To Ensure Perfect Group Stage...
Police, SWAN Partner To Strengthen Security Agencies-Community Relations...
New NPFL season to end May 2026
Oshoala Wins CAf Women’s Player Of The Year...

Joshua, Fury in contract stalemate
Agunbiade emerges Nigeria’s lone survivor at WTT Lagos
Nigeria call-up boosted my confidence – Alebiosu
First Eagles invite thrills Rangers’ Oputa
270 athletes begin journey to stardom in Edo
Itauma unfazed by Usyk threat
Arsenal win English Premier League after Man City draw at Bournemouth
AFCON qualifiers: Nigeria face Madagascar, Tanzania, G’Bissau
FIFA WORLD CUP 2026: Dreaming of Olise, Musiala, Eze, Saka - Priceless Jewels Nigeria Lost to Treachery
D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double
2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off
Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,789 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,112 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,069 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,636 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,550 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,454 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,288 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,846 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,034 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,530 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,959 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,405 views)