By Daily sports on January 27, 2021
Barcelona on Tuesday announced 7 March as the intended date for the football club's delayed presidential election and will, for the first time, allow postal voting.
The vote was originally scheduled for 24 January but postponed in the face of increased Covid-19 restrictions in Spain.
The regional government in Catalonia has since modified the law governing votes at sports clubs to allow a postal ballot. The club said that members over the age of 65 would also be able to vote from home.
The club had originally planned to set up polling stations across Spain and Andorra but said on Tuesday that “the forecast that the current restrictions on various territories of the state will be maintained until the date of the elections, makes it impossible.”
The club said five polling sites will be open in Catalonia and one in Andorra for members who want to vote in person.
The three candidates to succeed Josep Maria Bartomeu, are Victor Font, Toni Freixa and former club president Joan Laporta.
Bartomeu resigned last October. Since then, the club has been run by a management team presided over by Carles Tusquets. (AFP)
•PHOTO: Joan Laporta
Source Daily sports
Posted January 27, 2021
You may also like...
W’Cup: Olise, Barcola shine as Mbappé double powers...
W’Cup: Croatia, Argentina semi-final battle key determinants
Novak Djokovic Is One Win Away From A...
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
Benin Shock Morocco in AFCON Second Round, Senegal...
2026 FIFA WORLD CUP FINALS: Nigerian-Born Stars Dazzle...

Edo Queens get home support ahead CAF qualifiers
Nigerian Triathlon Union fixes Sept 30 for election
Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces
Ronaldo hits 977 career goals as Al Nassr thrash Al Riyadh 4-0
Racist abuse spurred Suzuki as Japan goalkeeper set for Premier League
Fury calls Joshua coward, casts doubts on super-fight
My basketball dream ended after visa denial — Ex-BBNaija star Hermes
Olayinka ready for Saudi journey
Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG
EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,041 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,402 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,288 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,892 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,769 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,645 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,540 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,055 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,259 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,730 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,219 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,601 views)