Leonardo Slams Zidane For Mbappe Comments

By Daily Sports on November 8, 2019

Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo has hit out at Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane for suggesting that Kylian Mbappe’s dream was to play for the Spanish club.

“Honestly, it’s a bit irritating, it’s annoying,” the Brazilian said following PSG’s 1-0 win over Club Brugge in the Champions League on Wednesday, adding that “it’s not the first time this has happened”.

Zidane was asked about a possible move for the 20-year-old World Cup-winning star in a press conference in Madrid on Tuesday.

“We will see in the future. He has always said it was his dream to play for Real Madrid,” Zidane replied.

A clearly irked Leonardo, who returned to Paris for a second spell in the role of sporting director earlier this year, said the comments were an attempt to unsettle the striker.

“I think that now is not the time to talk about this. He is a player who has two and a half years left on his contract with us, so to talk about what he wants, his ‘dream’, every time... If we can just stop this, pause this talk,” he said.

“Kylian is a very important player for us. Now is not the time to destabilise him.”

Mbappe started as PSG beat Club Brugge 1-0 with a Mauro Icardi goal to secure their place in the last 16 of the Champions League.

They travel to Madrid to face Zidane’s Real in their next Group A game later this month.

Meanwhile, Leonardo said PSG would not rush into offering new contracts to veteran duo Thiago Silva and Edinson Cavani, both of whom will be free agents at the end of the current campaign. (SuperSport)

•PHOTO: Kylian Mbappe 

Source Daily Sports

Posted November 8, 2019


 

You may also like...
Nigeria U20W: Danjuma names final squad for #U20WWC...

Sanchez Ruled Out for ‘Six to Eight Weeks”...

Rashford Signs £200,000-a-week Man Utd Deal

World Indoor: Amusan out, Brume, Enekwechi in

Raptors dethrone Warriors to emerge NBA champions for...

Crystal Palace Chefs To Cook 900 Meals A...

 

Latest News Olayinka ready for Saudi journey Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund Missing ’96 AFCON, CAF ban cost Eagles trophies – Okocha D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain Onuachu, Ndidi, Yohanna lead 12 Nigerians into Europa, Conference League playoffs Lagos revives monthly cadet table tennis tourney Fizdale names D’Tigers roster for World Cup qualifiers Hearn threatens to sue White over Joshua, Fury fight UK ex-Commonwealth champion Baptiste found jailed in Morocco Why elite athletes use supplements — Report No Kangaroo Committee Can Save Gusau, his NFF Jesters - Give Us Emenalo

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,039 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,400 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,288 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,891 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,767 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,643 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,540 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,054 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,255 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,728 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,215 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,598 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media