By Daily Sports on October 1, 2019
Spain’s National Court on Monday said it had dismissed a complaint against Barcelona's Lionel Messi filed by a former employee of the Argentine footballer’s foundation, who had accused him of fraud, embezzlement and money laundering.
In dismissing the case, the judge wrote that the complaint “was based on an account put together from stories in the press, without bringing even a single element that was personally and directly known” by the plaintiff.
The complaint had been filed in June by Federico Rettori, an Argentine national living in Majorca who formerly worked for Messi’s charity.
In it, he named the Barcelona striker, the charity, his father Jorge and brother Rodrigo and “all the people, as yet unidentified, who in one form or another administered or managed the funds at the Leo Messi Foundation,” the document said.
He claimed that funds received by the foundation which “should have been directed to social causes” instead went “towards various private activities or bank accounts that differed from those that were declared by the foundation”.
Last year, Rettori filed suit in Argentina on similar grounds. According to a judicial source, it prompted the opening of a preliminary investigation but so far, neither Messi nor his father have been charged. (SuperSport)
•PHOTO: Messi
Source Daily Sports
Posted October 1, 2019
You may also like...
27 players hit camp as Falcons chase 8th...
Atalanta Strike Late To Hold Inter
Dare Wants 12 International Standard Stadiums in Nigeria...
Real Madrid Must Be Careful With Hazard —...
Female football coach sacked over sex claims wins...
I want to go to the World Cup...

Joshua, Fury in contract stalemate
Agunbiade emerges Nigeria’s lone survivor at WTT Lagos
Nigeria call-up boosted my confidence – Alebiosu
First Eagles invite thrills Rangers’ Oputa
270 athletes begin journey to stardom in Edo
Itauma unfazed by Usyk threat
Arsenal win English Premier League after Man City draw at Bournemouth
AFCON qualifiers: Nigeria face Madagascar, Tanzania, G’Bissau
FIFA WORLD CUP 2026: Dreaming of Olise, Musiala, Eze, Saka - Priceless Jewels Nigeria Lost to Treachery
D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double
2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off
Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,789 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,112 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,069 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,636 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,550 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,454 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,288 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,846 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,034 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,529 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,959 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,405 views)