De Gea Signs New Long-Term United Contract

By Daily Sports on September 17, 2019

David De Gea has vowed to help Manchester United ‘win trophies again’ after ending months of uncertainty over his future by signing a new contract at Old Trafford until at least 2023.

The Spain goalkeeper, signed from Atletico Madrid for £18.3 million in 2011 as Edwin van der Sar’s long-term successor, had been set to become a free agent at the end of the season, with his contract due to expire in June 2020.

But despite interest from Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain and United’s decline in the Premier League, the 28-year-old has committed himself to a new deal at Old Trafford that could see him tied to the club until 2024 due to the option to extend the contract by a further year.

Having won every major honour at United with the exception of the Champions League since arriving in Manchester, De Gea said he is confident that the club will return to a position of dominance over the course of his new contract.

“It has been a privilege to spend eight years at this great club and the opportunity to continue my career at Manchester United is a genuine honour,” De Gea said. “Since I arrived here I could never have imagined I would play over 350 games for this club.

“Now my future is fixed, all I want is to help this team achieve what I believe we can and win trophies again, together.

“As one of the senior players in the squad I want to support and lead in any way that I can to assist the younger players, so they know what it means to play here.

“I still feel that I have so much more to achieve at the club and I truly believe that Manchester United can build on the club’s tradition of success and reward our fans for their support.” (ESPN)

•Photo shows David De Gea 

Source Daily Sports

Posted September 17, 2019


 

You may also like...
Lagos fans await Tanzania

Bale Strikes Twice As Tottenham Spank Sheffield United...

AFCON 2019: Nigeria to Battle Guinea, Burundi, Madagascar...

Chelsea And Leicester Charged Over Players’ Clash

Moses Simon Wins Nantes Award

Kane targets Ballon d'Or

 

Latest News Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau Ezechukwu eyes double gold in African Champs

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,779 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,102 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,036 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,625 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,543 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,443 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,838 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,026 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,524 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,948 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,399 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media