By Daily Sports on May 27, 2019
Juventus on Sunday poured cold water over rumours in Italy that they were planning a dramatic pounce for Pep Guardiola, saying that they had never even spoken to the Manchester City boss.
"It's a strange world, we've not had any contact with Guardiola and nor have we ever thought about it given that he's under contract," Juve's sporting director Fabio Paratici said to DAZN ahead of their final day clash at Sampdoria.
Juve sealed their eighth straight Serie A title weeks ago and are on the hunt for a new boss after removing Massimiliano Allegri earlier this month, following a Champions League quarterfinal exit to Ajax in April.
Allegri had won the league five times in as many years but the club are without a Champions League title in over two decades despite signing Cristiano Ronaldo last summer.
Paratici added that Juve would wait until the end of the season to announce Allegri's successor.
"We want to build the best team possible and we will act on the recommendations of the new manager," he said.
"We will wait until the end of the season. There are still competitions ongoing and I think we should keep quiet out of respect for others."
Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri and Lazio boss Simone Inzaghi are among the favourites to take over at the Allianz Stadium. (SuperSport)
•Photo shows Pep Guardiola
Source Daily Sports
Posted May 27, 2019
You may also like...
U20 World Cup: Flying Eagles Land in Bielsko-Biala...
Movements of Eagles players the tonic for victory...
Barca Give Fresh Hope to La Liga Rivals...
Premier League: Salah Sends Liverpool go seven points...
CAF Postpone Champions League Semi-final, Final
Monaco’s Tchouameni Suffers Racist Abuse v Sparta Prague...

Nobody'll Stop Me From Contesting 2027 Election, Obi Vows -Even If It Holds in Their Bedroom -Assures Youths Of Accountability In Governance
FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate
Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status
Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival
56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup
ICYMI: CAF reaffirms Morocco as host of WAFCON 2026, rejects postponement talk
PHOTOS: Kenya’s Ezra Kering wins 2026 Lagos city marathon
Chukwuemka prefers Austria to Nigeria
Enekwechi throws season best, Okezie finishes second in Serbia
Ogazi wins SEC Runner of the Week
Lookman has matched Osimhen’s impact – Peseiro
West Ham plot Chukwueze summer hijack
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,559 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,867 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,778 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,418 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,332 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,250 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,119 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,668 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,837 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,368 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,760 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,226 views)