Werner To Liverpool Unlikely Due To Coronavirus

By Daily Sports on March 25, 2020

Views: 207

The coronavirus crisis could keep Liverpool target Timo Werner at RB Leipzig, the club's sporting director Markus Krosche has told Sport1.

Germany attacker Werner is under contract at Leipzig until 2023, but has a release clause worth in the region of €55 million which allows him to leave the Bundesliga side this summer.

Last month the 24-year-old dropped strong hints that he could leave for Liverpool as it would “be a good fit.”

However, with the impact of the coronavirus crisis on football and transfers yet unknown, RB Leipzig sporting director Krosche told Sport1 that he believes the Germany international could stay at the club.

Sport 1 claimed that Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City were all prepared to trigger Werner’s release clause, but Krosche now believes that “everything is possible.”

“We can’t say how the transfer market will develop. We are starring into a very foggy crystal ball. We don’t know how our resources will be and what options other clubs might have,” Krosche said.

Last week, German football league (DFL) CEO Christian Seifert warned that several Bundesliga clubs might no longer exist after the pandemic subsided. Seifert called the current situation “existence-threatening” for at least half of the 36 clubs making up the upper two tiers. (ESPN)

•PHOTO: Timo Werner 

Source Daily Sports

Posted March 25, 2020


 

You may also like...
Arsene Wenger says his future was a factor...

Eagles fly out to Rwanda for CHAN Jan....

Siasia set to unveil Dream Team VI squad...

Burnett stops Haskins to win IBF world bantamweight...

Nwankwo Kanu Opens New Football School

Bennell charged with child sex offences

 

Latest News Ighalo Worth £70m In Today’s Transfer Market — Man United Player Sentenced To 3 Months For Curfew Breach COVID-19’s Deadly Blow On Sports, Others: Call For Quick Solution Osimhen Must Do More To Break Yekini’s Record — Babangida Ndidi Dismisses Kante Comparison Burundi To Continue Playing League Football Despite Threat Of Coronavirus Pandemic Man City Will Not Seek Virus Furlough Offer Rooney Says Handling Of Premier League Pay Row ‘A Disgrace’ Italian FA Boss Says Serie A Season Could Run To October Fifa Draws Up Guidelines To Tackle Pay-Cut Complaints Obiora: Benitez Was Dearest To My Heart At Inter Afobe: Why Messi Is Better Than Ronaldo

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (46,625 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (38,487 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (37,020 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (36,655 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (35,798 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (35,687 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (35,600 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (34,791 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (34,180 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (34,010 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (32,034 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (31,488 views)

 

 


 

News Athletics (324) Basketball (200) Boxing (604) Columnists (565) Euro Soccer Update (7062) Fans Assembly (4) From the Grassroots (63) Golf (80) Interviews (15) Live Commentary (4) News (6245) NPL Glo Premier League (1161) People and Places (22) Readers Parliament (8) Tennis (640)

 

 

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media