Diaz’s Real deal shows Man City depth — Guardiola

By Daily Sports on January 9, 2019

Views: 249

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola believes Brahim Diaz’s departure for Real Madrid is a sign of good work being done by the club’s academy despite the loss of another bright prospect.

City had attempted to persuade the 19-year-old Spaniard to extend his contract with the club but admitted defeat and sold him to the Spanish giants in a deal that could rise to £22 million.

The midfielder was officially unveiled at Real’s Santiago Bernabeu stadium on Monday.

Asked if he was disappointed to lose Diaz, Guardiola said on Tuesday: “No. I said many times, we did with Brahim the same we did with Phil (Foden) and Jadon (Sancho), we did absolutely everything but in the end the only one who decides to stay is Phil so that’s all.”

Sancho, 18, has impressed at Borussia Dortmund since joining the Bundesliga club in 2017, earning three England caps.

But 18-year-old Foden signed a new six-year contract last month.

“We wish him (Diaz) all the best,” Guardiola said on Tuesday. “Of course going to Real Madrid is not a bad step and hopefully he can get the minutes he didn’t get in the last period for many reasons. Nice guy.

“On the other side, again, congratulations for our academy, they are working so well and in the end this is what happens, important teams in Europe want to sign our players because it’s working really well.” (SuperSport)

•Photo shows Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola 

Source Daily Sports

Posted January 9, 2019


 

You may also like...
Commonwealth Games: Nigeria’s runners reach 100m final

Why I Sent Off Diego Costa against Barcelona...

Onigbinde backs CAF’s plan for AFCON expansion

CHAN Disaster: My boys gave their best —Oliseh...

Poor start for D’Tigress 2018 FIBA Women’s World...

Baxter unveils squad for Eagles

 

Latest News 2019 AFCON: Nigeria to Play Offensive Football in Egypt — Rohr World Cup Decider: Super Falcons Must Be Proactive, Tactical — Falode Ukraine Beat South Korea to Win U-20 World Cup Ronaldo Served with Papers in US rape Lawsuit AFCON: Suspended Sadio Mane to Miss Senegal Opener Uganda Shock Ivory Coast in AFCON Build-Up Fabregas: Messi Is ‘More Complete Than Ever’ at 32 Coutinho: I Have Not Performed as Expected at Barcelona Tiger Woods One-Over Through Nine in 3rd Round of US Open Weah Named Africa’s Best Ever Player Jay-Jay Okocha Takes 7th Spot Lampard favoured to land coaching job at Chelsea Mikel: This Could Be My Last Nations Cup

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (45,474 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (37,541 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (36,164 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (35,711 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (34,721 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (34,647 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (33,914 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (33,743 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (33,455 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (32,649 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (30,629 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (30,486 views)

 

 


 

News Athletics (286) Basketball (170) Boxing (552) Columnists (445) Euro Soccer Update (4975) Fans Assembly (3) From the Grassroots (46) Golf (74) Interviews (14) Live Commentary (4) News (5028) NPL Glo Premier League (1028) People and Places (22) Readers Parliament (6) Tennis (555)

 

 

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media