By Daily Sports on December 7, 2015
Chairman of the National League and Executive Committee Member of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Ahmad Kwau, is not happy that the Federal Government has abandoned the world-conquering Golden Eaglets, while the President of the Federal Republic, Muhammadu Buhari, is travelling all over the world of late.
Kwau in an interview regretted that football is being starved of funds to run it, but people in the position have failed to do so because they would not want their jobs to be threatened. He is furiously blaming the Federal Government for being solely responsible for this unfortunate but avoidable situation.
“Federal Government has abandoned the NFF without giving money to run the affairs of the game. Everybody is pointing at the NFF asking for money. It is terrible. Where is the money? We are not being paid for the good job we have been doing for the country and sadly, people are talking only about money,” he said.
However, former NFF member Ahmed Gara Gombe took a swipe on Kwau, asking where he (Kwau) is coming from. Gombe concluded that perhaps, Kwau knew that he will not be returning as chairman of that cadre of the country’s league and so it will be safer for him to rock the boat.
The former chairman of Gombe State Football Association said that he listened to the Secretary of the NFF, Sanusi Mohammed, denying Kwau’s claims. So also NFF President Amaju Pinnick, who Gombe, according to reports, had earlier denied Kwau.
“It is not enough for NFF to deny Kwau; he should be suspended immediately and his matter refereed to disciplinary committee. I am aware that the NFF executive committee is divided, but we are waiting to see what will happen in the next few days. Kwau has bitten more than he can chew on behalf of himself and that of the NFF. He did not blame NFF and NSC, but he went straight to blame the Buhari-led Federal Government. It is unacceptable!” Gombe noted.
•Photo shows President Buhari waving from the Presidential Jet door as he takes off on one of his numerous foreign trips..
Source Daily Sports
Posted December 7, 2015
You may also like...
Give Success, Onyekuru chance, Lawal urges Rohr
Youth Games: Ministry to punish states with over-aged...
MFM continue fairytale run, beat Sunshine Stars 2-1...
Hamilton Named Most Influential Black Person In UK...
Roland Garos: Former champion Wawrinka out as Djokovic...
Uefa open to all season-ending options

Edo Queens get home support ahead CAF qualifiers
Nigerian Triathlon Union fixes Sept 30 for election
Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces
Ronaldo hits 977 career goals as Al Nassr thrash Al Riyadh 4-0
Racist abuse spurred Suzuki as Japan goalkeeper set for Premier League
Fury calls Joshua coward, casts doubts on super-fight
My basketball dream ended after visa denial — Ex-BBNaija star Hermes
Olayinka ready for Saudi journey
Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG
EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,041 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,401 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,288 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,892 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,768 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,645 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,540 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,055 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,259 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,730 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,218 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,601 views)